New England Celiac Organization represents and serves individuals with celiac disease and also those with gluten sensitivities in the New England area. We offer:
- Three issues a year of Gluten Free New England, our full-color print magazine
- An e-magazine, NECO News, with items too important to wait, goes out monthly
- Thirteen informal group meetings held monthly throughout New England
- Throughout the year, we offer meetings that may include workshops for the newly diagnosed, an afternoon of gluten free food related workshops, day-long expos and/or an annual conference
We have a formalized board of directors, and an actively engaged board of advisors and almost 40 active volunteers. NECO has become the recognized education and advocacy group in New England for people with celiac disease and other gluten-related disorders.
- We educate, advocate and raise awareness of celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
- We foster a sense of community, belonging and camaraderie.
- We keep a close affiliation with a core of expert gastroenterologists and nutritionists.
- We provide empowerment to live with a chronic disease and share a positive outlook as ambassadors of the disease.
- We offer membership, the dues of which support the celiac and gluten free community of New England.